The New Year is an opportunity to listen to your body and eat according to your dosha, your imbalances, the season, and the Ayurvedic composition. Currently in Vata season (and being a true Vata person), warm, homey, sturdy foods such as pumpkin and sweet potato provide balance and nourishment. So when I came across these pumpkin vegan cookies, I couldn’t wait to give them a shot.
Thanksgiving is right around the corner (??????), so there is nothing like a pumpkin pie dessert to get you in the mood! And pumpkin pie smoothies have a bit of everything I like: blended texture, pumpkin flavor, healthy ingredients, and a sweet aftertaste. Pumpkin Pie Smoothie! Watch out Starbucks, your Pumpkin Spice Lattes have a competitor.
* 1/2 cup of canned pumpkin
* 1 scoop of protein powder (you want to get more muscular, right?)
* a dash of pumpkin pie spice (or some nutmeg and cinnamon combo)
* 1 banana (frozen preferably, but fresh is fine)
* 1-2 tablespoons of maple syrup (depending on your sweet tooth)
* 1 cup of milk (almond, soy, real)