I am a sucker for pumpkin spice (yep, I am one of those ladies who love pumpkin spice lattes and anything pumpkin flavored) so after seeing many posts and reviews about the pumpkin bread from Smitten Kitchen, I decided to make some of my own — and it did NOT disappoint. So delicious and yummy, and so easy to make. I will definitely make this throughout the fall and winter seasons and highly recommend that you all do the same, as well!
* 1 15-ounce can (1 3/4 cups) pumpkin puree
* 1/2 cup neutral cooking oil or melted butter
* 3 large eggs
* 1 2/3 cups granulated sugar
* 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
* 3/4 teaspoon fine sea or table salt
* 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Heaped 1/4 teaspoon fresh grated nutmeg
* Heaped 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
* Two pinches of ground cloves
* 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* 1 tablespoon sugar
* 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a loaf pan.
* In a large bowl, whisk together pumpkin, oil, eggs and sugar until smooth.
* Then, add baking powder, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger and cloves over batter and whisk until well-combined.
* Add flour and stir with a spoon, just until mixed. Scrape into prepared pan and smooth the top.
* In a small dish, or empty measuring cup, stir sugar and cinnamon together. Sprinkle over top of batter.
* Bake bread for 65 minutes until a tester poked into all parts of cake.
* Then, devour!
So good, especially with more butter and jam. Happy pumpkin spice season!