My obsession with Mark Bittman’s Kitchen Matrix Cookbook continues. I can’t speak highly enough about it and EVERYONE must get it for their kitchen STAT. It makes meal-planning easy, and spices up our family dinner repertoire. My most recent find (there seems to be a new one every week!) is the thai cabbage slaw — DELISH what what!!!
* A head of Napa Cabbage
* 1 cup of chopped mint
* 1/2 cup of crumbled peanuts (thai or normal)
* 3 tablespoons of fish sauce
* 1-2 tablespoons of rice vinegar
* 2 tablespoon of vegetable oil
* juice from 1 lime
* Shred / Chop the cabbage, combine with the mint and peanuts
* Make the dressing by pouring all the liquid ingredients into a bowl and whisk together
* Do not dress until right before in order to keep the cabbage crunchy and firm.
* Serve and devour!
Hope you have a great weekend!