New York finally got a whiff of Spring yesterday! The birds sang, the sun glistened, it reached a whopping 43 degrees, and daffodils emerged (in bodegas, but still…..) Spring, colors, chirps, here we come! Goes hand in hand with a dollop of bright orange goodness to kick start your salad! Here is a recipe for the perfect Japanese carrot ginger dressing. Who knew a dressing could taste so delicious? Must try! (but be careful, it kinda looks like soup. It is not soup).
* 2 peeled, roughly cut carrots
* 2 roughly chopped shallots
* 1/4 cup of roughly chopped ginger
* 1/4 cup of water
* 1/2 cup of olive oil
* 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
* 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Peel and chop the veggies.
* Blend all at once in a Vitamix!
* Chill for a little bit in fridge. VOILA!
Easiest dressing EVER! And you will feel so gourmet and accomplished. Enjoy! Have a great weekend and Happy Spring (in four weeks)!
This looks delicious. We have been trying to up our ginger intake. Health kick!
It is tangy, tart, colorful and healthy.
good looking salad~