New York finally got a whiff of Spring yesterday! The birds sang, the sun glistened, it reached a whopping 43 degrees, and daffodils emerged (in bodegas, but still…..) Spring, colors, chirps, here we come! Goes hand in hand with a dollop of bright orange goodness to kick start your salad! Here is a recipe for the perfect Japanese carrot ginger dressing. Who knew a dressing could taste so delicious? Must try! (but be careful, it kinda looks like soup. It is not soup).
* 2 peeled, roughly cut carrots
* 2 roughly chopped shallots
* 1/4 cup of roughly chopped ginger
* 1/4 cup of water
* 1/2 cup of olive oil
* 2 tablespoons of sesame oil
* 1/4 cup of rice vinegar
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Peel and chop the veggies.
* Blend all at once in a Vitamix!
* Chill for a little bit in fridge. VOILA!
Easiest dressing EVER! And you will feel so gourmet and accomplished. Enjoy! Have a great weekend and Happy Spring (in four weeks)!