A vegan, gluten-free friend of mine (no bread or cheese — what is the point of life, then???) pointed me in the direction of this green hummus, inspired by this food blog, Namely Marly. Spinach and garbanzo beans in a vitamix. AMAZING. So easy to make, and so delicious to eat. A gold medal star for this recipe.
* 1 can of chickpeas (garbanzo beans)
* 1/4 cup tahini
* 1 – 2 tablespoons of lemon juice (juice from half a lemon)
* 1/2 cup of water
* 1/4 cup of olive oil
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 1 teaspoon dried basil
* 2 cups of raw spinach
* Put all the ingredients into the vitamix
* Put into bowl and eat!
* You can add soy sauce, onion or garlic powder, or cayenne pepper for an added kick
* Serve with chips, crackers, as a spread on sandwiches, or as a dressing (thick) on a salad.
One serving as a snack or a dinner side, and you have your greens for the day! Hooray!
holla.. i like throwing some red pepper into this
I bought a Vitamix a few weeks ago. I had been holding off, but I am so glad I did. Easily my favorite kitchen appliance
FAVORITE APPLIANCE EVER!
Yay. Best homemade hummus recipe – and it has veggies!!!
Thanks for the heads up to this recipe!