Guest blogger alert! Here’s Ken… When he starts watching too much football on Sundays, I can usually guilt him into cooking/doing a guest blog post during commercials. And his Jets are terrible so it’s not like he’s missing much. Enjoy:
If there’s anything in the vicinity of unhealthy on this blog, it’s a safe bet that it’s coming from me. While I try to make an effort to combine healthy and, um, not-totally-girly, (see: Grilled Artichokes, Grilled Fruit, Grilled Romaine Salad, Lemon-Mint Pasta with Bacon, and a Guy’s Guide to Pregnancy), things like Beer Can Chicken are more up my alley. Without further ado…. heart stopping mac and cheese.
- 4 cups of whole milk. Skim is for sissies.
- Stick o’ butter
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons of salt
- 1/3 to 1/4 pound of diced ham (thick cut)
- 1 pound of pasta (my choice: bow ties)
- 8 ounces, or about 3 cups of shredded cheddar cheese. Our choice: Cougar Gold.
- 1 cup of grated Romano cheese
- bread crumbs to top
Cook your pasta of choice. Drain and set aside. Not pictured (hopefully not necessary).
Things got a little hectic here, and I may have forgotten to take pictures (yes, I was trying to do this while watching football). But add the cooked pasta and diced ham into the pan over heat.. Stir, and put in a baking dish.