This past weekend (sadly) felt like Winter….so time to hibernate and cook. And that is exactly what we did. On Saturday night, we made chili, veggies and CORN BREAD. Years ago at our annual Sonoma trip, one of our friends made the most delicious and moist corn bread you have ever tasted. So that was the recipe I used — and it was just as good as I remember. Thank you, Katie Daly! Mind you — it is NOT healthy, but it is #WorthIt.
* 1 can Cream Corn (14 oz can)
* 1 can Sweet Corn, drained (14 oz can)
* ½ cup butter, melted
* 2 small boxes of Jiffy corn muffin mix
* ¾ of a 16 oz. container of light sour cream
* Preheat oven to 350°.
* Mix melted butter with remaining ingredients in a large mixing bowl.
* Spray 9×13 glass baking dish with cooking spray or oil. Pour mixture into baking dish.
* Bake 45-60 minutes or until knife comes out clean.
It is so creamy, rich, moist, and delicious. I ate it the next morning with (more) butter and jam. It tasted like Fall and Winter — sweet but savory and SO GOOD. SO GOOD.