Last week, we ventured to a nearby farm to harvest raspberries and cherries. Not only was it a family fun activity, but we also brought home pounds and pounds of fresh fruit. We made (although the term “we” actually doesn’t include “me”) cherry cobbler and cherry pie. I made raspberry chia jam with no refined sugar. Take a look!
* 2 cups of fresh raspberries
* 1 tablespoon of maple syrup
* 1 tablespoon of lemon juice
* 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
* Over medium heat, cook the raspberries, smushing them up. Let them sit for 5-10 minutes to get to be like a syrup (with seeds)
* After the raspberries are smushed, add the maple syrup and the lemon juice and stir.
* Once the mixture has cooled down slightly, add the chia seeds, mixing them completely.
* Store in the fridge for up to 2 weeks or in a freezer for up to 3 months.
Safe travels to all this weekend. We are driving up to Seattle today to see my brother and Ken is meeting us there from New York. Happy 4th!