I know I have a lot of haters of my healthy desserts (mainly, my husband, father, and brother…see the pattern), but THIS HEALTHY DESSERT is a must-make and must-eat. And not to be hated on. Even my father ate it and asked for more (true story). So, do me a favor and make it. I found the recipe off of my new-to-me-favorite-healthy-food-blog, Deliciously Ella. With a little bit of creative editing, here is the recipe for Raw Chocolate Coconut Bites. Yes, they are vegan. No, they are not nut-free. Yes, they are delicious. Yes, I promise.
* 1 cup of unsweetened dried coconut (medium flakes)
* 1 cup of almonds
* 5 medjool dates (pitted and chopped)
* 3 tablespoons of almond butter
* 2 tablespoons of raw cacao
* 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
* In a vitamix, blend the almonds and coconut to make a flour (not a butter — so don’t blend too long).
* Then, add the nut butter, coconut oil and cacao mixing it all together.
* Bit by bit, add the dates (hardest for the blender to blend) into the mixture
* Blend until all together, and roll the “dough” into balls. Coat the balls with coconut flakes.
* Place in fridge for a couple of hours to firm up. Eat and enjoy!
Hope you have a great weekend! I am running the Eugene Half Marathon on Sunday with my hubby who will be in town. Wish us luck! And make these damn healthy bites of heaven.
ignore the haters! These look really good. good luck in the marathon!
I love anything coconut. This looks easy enough. Have a great weekend!
This brought me back to my childhood, dunkin donuts used to make coconut munchkins — i can only imagine how much better these are!