Theoretically, you could just go to the GOOP website and find this soup. But hey, it is more fun when I post, right? So full acknowledgement, this soup is copied EXACTLY from GP. AND IT IS SO GOOD! And healthy! And the perfect way to start the New Year! So go on and make it. And pretend that I was genius enough (or had the staff) to create it myself.
* 2 tablespoons of olive oil
* 2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
* 1 yellow onion, sliced
* 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
* 2 cups water
* 3 cups of chicken stock
* 1/2 teaspoon each coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
* 2 cups of arugula
* Sautee the onion and garlic for 2 minutes in olive oil on medium heat.
* Add the broccoli and cook for 4 minutes or until bright green.
* Add the liquid, salt and pepper, bring to a boil, lower the heat and cover. Cook for 8 minutes.
* Pour the soup into a blender and puree with the arugula until quite smooth.
Serve the soup with a bit of fresh lemon.