I have had the tab with this NY Times recipe open for months, so finally I decided to make it (COVID 19—- 19 pounds over normal weight here weeeeeeeee commmmmmmeeeeeee). Super easy, fun to make, and delicious. Randomly, it is vegan too (which just means no eggs in this cake recipe) so my dairy free friends can make this and love it. It is a great cake to make with kids and when you are sick of dishes.
* 1 ¼ cups grams all-purpose flour
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* ⅓ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* ¾ teaspoon baking soda
* ½ teaspoon salt
* ⅓ cup canola oil
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar or white vinegar
* 2 tablespoons chocolate chips (optional)
* Heat oven to 325 degrees. In the dish (8 by 8 square dish or a round dish of similar size), mix together the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, baking soda and salt.
* Then, add 1 cup water along with the oil, vanilla extract and vinegar to the pan with the dry mixture. Whisk together until smooth.
* Then, put in oven and bake for 28-33 minutes (or when the toothpick in the center is clear). SO EASY BOOOOM DONE.
Happy weekend! Happy baking! Happy eating! YOLO.