In July this summer (tear as summer is officially over. SOB!), my mom and I both tore out this recipe for gazpacho from the NYTimes. It looked simple yet delicious. It wasn’t until we recently had an abundance of tomatoes from the CSA that we decided to make it. And not to #humblebrag but HOLY CRAP THIS IS AMAZING AND I AM A STAR CHEF. This would win every and any food competition ever. I am now a phenomenal chef — this rocked my socks off. (I actually know it’s all about the recipe and the fresh CSA vegetables… but I can dream I’m a great cook, can’t I?)
* 2 pounds of fresh, organic, tomatoes, cut into big chunks
* 1 cucumber, peeled and cut into big chunks
* 2 peppers of any variety
* 1 onion (red or white)
* 1 clove of garlic (I did not add)
* 2 teaspoons of salt
* 2 teaspoons of sherry vinegar (we did not have, so I used red wine vinegar)
* 1/4 cup of good olive oil
* Place in a blender, let blend for 1 or 2 minutes, and that is it! VOILA!
Summer may be over but there is still time to savor summer tastes, like cold soup…And this recipe for gazpacho is the best I have ever tasted ever ever ever ever. Please make it NOW. Thank you. Have a great weekend!
I’m sure it tastes so fresh and wonderful!
I’m still dreaming of having a CSA veggie box from the last post… Who wouldn’t want to wake up to fresh fruits and veggies at their door step?! & this looks delicious!
Hold on now, summer ain’t officially over until September 21! 🙂
What a good way to extend the summer.