Love breakfast food. Love. Cereal, oatmeal, eggs, pancakes, granola, yogurt, and especially muesli. My parents are good ‘ol Europeans and like to eat Muesli most mornings for breakfast. They simply add the flakes with buttermilk or kefir, and devour it. While I like that version, once I discovered the true way to make museli, I fell head over heels in love. WATCH OUT KEN.
* Swiss muesli flakes
* Some type of milk
* Some types of fruit (I like raspberries, apple, banana, blueberries)
* Easy peasy. Place all of the fruit into a cup.
* Cover the fruit layer with muesli.
* Cover the fruit-muesli with milk.
* Store in fridge for 1-24 hours. THIS IS KEY. The muesli flakes expand and soak up the liquid, forming an oatmeal textured smooth bite.
Do you have any go-to favorite breakfasts?
Have a great weekend!
Anika Yael Natori, aka The Josie Girl.
Blog Home Page
P.S. I think I should buy stock in Almond Milk. I consume so much of it…
Looks easy and delicious. Will give it a try!
Let me know what you think!
Yum. Does it make a big diffrence if you refrigerate overnight instead of just an hour?
The longer in the fridge, the more time the cereal melts into the milk….