Happy September, happy back to real life! I hope everyone settles in to the fall with ease and peace despite the craze and chaos it tends to bring. I know that I am trying to take one day at a time; better yet, hour to hour. I am not sure how summer disappeared as fast as it did, but I’m happy we created fond and wonderful memories that will forever be in our hearts! That said, here is what I am currently loving!
1. Slides. Yes, I know, shower slides from the 1990s are finally back in. I have been a fan of them the past two summers and have worn them non-stop. I love that they are easy, and go with everything. Although not practical for urban daily city life, I plan on wearing them once again NEXT summer, too. Thank god they are finally in fashion — last year I got a lot of weird looks.
2. Black Truffle Mustard. I am a huge fan of mustard *and* truffles, so put them together and it is the perfect combination. Plus it is made in my motherland of the Pacific Northwest, so I knew I would like it. It is great on sandwiches, in salad dressings, or added to dips. Really, you can’t go wrong, so you might as well put it on anything and everything.
3. McEvoy Ranch Olive Oil. This is not any olive oil… it is top of the notch quality gold. Discovered at my biffle’s house (who always has the best of the best), she swears by it in salads or toppings. And it really is magnificent. A must get for a hostess present or a little pick me up for your life!
4. Option B. This book is not just about death, rather, how to face adversity, find joy, and make the most of life. I have truly enjoyed every word of it and want to re-read it each year to remind myself of these life lessons. A must read.
5. Foals – Late Night remix. Yes, a song that is a little odd, a little spooky, but so so so good. All I want to do is have a dance party and listen to this on repeat. Or run 26.2 miles with it blaring in my headphones. SO SO good.
What are you loving this month? Do share! Good luck with the start of Fall — I know what a manic and crazy time it tends to be.