Happy New Year! For whatever reason, this year, I felt ambitious and decided to come up with 17 resolutions (goals / to do list / aspirations) for 2017 rather than just 5 or 10. (I think I had time to think about it for 24 hours when traveling back from Asia on Friday!) Here they are:
1. Give myself more credit. I am hard on myself and rarely acknowledge (and applaud) my own accomplishments and successes.
2. Accept (and love) my body for the way it is. Be kind to myself.
3. In true hypocritical fashion, strength train for more definition and strong bones.
4. Be the person I am and want to be without outside acknowledgement.
5. Travel abroad more frequently with the kids.
6. Get a new hobby. Outside of running, playing on social media, and raising kids, I have no hobbies. This is a stark contrast from my parents who have a dozen each. It is time to make the plunge and get back into sewing and embroidery.
7. Take 90 seconds out of my day, daily, to feel and acknowledge gratitude a la Tony Robbins.
8. Become more politically active. This election shook me up, so it’s time to step out of my comfort zone and get more involved.
9. Tell the people I love, that I love them. Not that I don’t already do it (I do, do it, quite a lot), but there is no harm in sharing and spreading love.
10. Continue to do what I love and makes me happy, and don’t do what I don’t love.
11. Find more recipes for vegetable dishes. I love veggies, loooooooove, and eat them daily. But having more recipes in my rotation might be good to mix things up.
12. Make our new apartment, our own special home.
13. Go to the movies more frequently. I usually go once a year, but it is actually something I love to do. So do it more often.
14. Make it a priority for Toosh to learn how to swim and ride a bike this summer. Already dreaming of family bike rides.
15. Drink more booze, eat more chocolate, savor pizza (my favorite), and simply live each day fully.
16. Balance time. When I am too busy, I am stressed about being too busy. When there is not enough to do, I am bored. Accept the ebb and flow of schedule shifts.
17. Breathe. In and out. In and out.
These are all great goals! I think it’s good to write down a list of goals to set for yourself. I’m with you on becoming more politically active. That’s on my goal list as well. Thanks for sharing with us 🙂
Love your list. Realistic resolutions are the way to go! More people should make their resolutions based on improvements that can be made other than losing weight or eating less chocolate. Yay for your positive #2017goals
Love this list! I need to spend some time thinking of mine.
P.S. I’m looking forward to seeing more photos from your vacation. Looked amazing! 🙂
Love the positivity in the goals that you set out for this year. I’ll be rooting you on! Let’s make 2017 a positive year!
I feel like I may have already nailed nbr. 15!!! 😉