Summer (for me) officially begins tomorrow when I fly out to Oregon with the kids to spend the summer with my parents. Once out there, I have no friends, no life, no tutoring, and no real responsibilities (not necessarily very “summer-like” for most people….but it is my way of recharging). It is the PERFECT time for me to read. I have a long list of books I would like to read this summer, so here they are. If you have any book suggestions, please share.
2. Grit: The Power of Passion and Perseverance (Angela Duckworth)
3. Sweetbitter (Stephanie Danier)
4. Mindfulness in Plain English (Bhante Gunaratana)
5. Sons and Daughters of Ease and Plenty (Ramona Ausubel)
6. Tuesday Nights in 1980 (Molly Prentiss)
7. Eligible (Curtis Sittenfeld)
8. The Girl in the Red Coat (Kate Hamer)
10. Alexander Hamilton (Ron Chernow)
Happy Summer, and happy reading!
Perfect! I need help with my summer list. Safe travels tomorrow, JG!
Thank you so much for sharing your reading list! I’m going to the beach next week and needed some good recommendations. Enjoy your summer in Oregon!!
I’ve been dying to read the Mindy Kaling book and the book about Alexander Hamilton, especially after seeing Hamilton the musical. Great summer reading list! 🙂
Sweetbitter is a great book! Definitely recommend!
Summer in Oregon sounds very nice! You guys have fun and safe travels 🙂