I know, I know, I know. Sounds super boring and uninspiring. But trust me, this is a GOOD gazpacho. I always try different gazpacho recipes as there are so many versions and varieties out there, but I always go back to THIS one. So use this recipe to create a simple, lovely, and delicious cold soup on a hot summer day. This recipe is loosely based off the gazpacho recipe from The Breitenbush Cookbook.
* 4 tomatoes
* 1 cucumber
* 4 scallions
* 5 sprigs of parsley
* 1 onion
* 1 green pepper
* 14 ounce can of diced tomato
* 2 teaspoon of white wine vinegar
* 1 teaspoon of honey
* 2 teaspoon of olive oil
* 2 cups of water
* any random fresh herbs to throw in (basil, tarragon, thyme)
* salt and pepper
* optional: cayenne pepper and/or garlic
* Let’s just say that this soup is so easy, that if you measure the correct ingredients, there is NO way to screw this up. Seriously, none. You basically chop (roughly) the veggies up, pour them into a blender, blend, chill, and serve. So easy you can’t go wrong!
Have a great weekend! Ken arrives in Oregon tonight and we are all ecstatic to see him. HOORAY FAMILY UNITED! And don’t forget to enter the competition to win one of 5 Josie Baggus. Details here. Winners will be announced on Monday. Have a great weekend!