Call me crazy, but I have been craving egg salad recently. I know — bizarre! (Especially since I am not pregnant… I mean, I better not be pregnant). I found this delicious recipe from 101 cookbooks (and slightly altered it). Trust me though; it is creamy, healthy, and ever so tasty.
* 6 eggs
* 1/2 bunch of chives (scallions will do if you can’t find chives)
* 3 stalks of celery
* 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
* 1/2 tablespoon of dijon mustard
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Boil 6 eggs. Now, HOW to boil eggs is key. And apparently I have been boiling eggs the WRONG way for my entire life. And I had no idea that I was doing it wrong. Until now. BIG MISTAKE. First, put the eggs in a pot of cold water until the water boils.
* Once the water starts to boil, take the pot off the burner and let it sit for 7 full minutes.
* During the waiting time, chop the celery and chives.
* You will then have about 6 minutes left, so continue to watch the timer.
* After the seven minutes are up, dump the eggs into a bath of ice cold water. This cold water will stop the eggs from cooking more (and will give them the perfect yellow yolk). Let them sit in the cold bath for 3 minutes.
* Then, peel the eggs.
* Mash the eggs with a fork. Take note of the vibrant yellow yolk! Thank you seven minutes of waiting!
* Add the greek yogurt and mustard, stir all together (but not too much because you don’t want egg puree) and season with salt and pepper.
* Add the green chives and celery.
* Combine! Look at the speckled beauty!
* The egg salad is perfect on top of a bed of lettuce or toasted bread. And save the leftovers in the fridge for the next day’s lunch. Enjoy!
Have a great weekend!
Yum! Pretty with the green chives.
I know — the tiny bit of green adds a lot of color and excitement!
I like adding a touch of Lea and Perrins to my eff salad. But not too much or the color gets a little icky. Paprika is a nice touch too!
OOHHH I like the sound of paprika! And the color addition, too!
Agree on the paprika.. it’s a must!