Here I go again with another one of my weird concoctions. And once again, trust me…it is delicious. Ice cream — but made with (shocker) NO MILK, NO DAIRY, NO ADDED SUGAR (minus chocolate bits), NO GUILT.
Warning: You have to like baby food and/or mushy textures to really enjoy this recipe. Otherwise, you will hate this. Stating the obvious, but you also have to like bananas. Finally, as delicious as this is, it is not really ice cream. I am just saying…..
* 2 frozen bananas
* Several splashes of almond/soy/coconut/rice milk
* some added party favors: chocolate bits, fresh fruit, chocolate sauce… the world is your oyster.
* First of all, freeze your bananas. This might sound obvious to some, but not to others (when I first tried to do this, I was one of the “blondes”) — freeze your bananas with the peel removed. Meaning, take the bananas out of the peels, place in a ziploc bag and put in the freezer overnight.
* Dump the frozen bananas into a Vitamix or food processor, add whatever milk product you chose, and blend for 5 minutes (literally 5 minutes. If the noise bothers you, go to a different room or jam out to your walkman/ipod). Every so often, scrape the banana down to make sure that it is getting mushed up.
* Add your bits of treats to the mush, and VOILA! “Ice Cream” Dessert Heaven!
Have a great weekend! For some, it is a long President’s Day weekend, and I, too, will be away! Will post pics from our babymoon!
Anika Yael Natori, aka The Josie Girl.
P.S. I am now tweeting!