So far, Fall has whooped my butt. I feel like I am always behind (like writing the weeks’ blog posts) and I can’t keep up. I know that everything is temporary, but right now, it is like 0 for me vs. 100 for everything else. So why not add on to how behind I am by creating a Fall wish list of activities for me to do :). Here it is:
Start to school has kicked my bootie. Same for the kids. This picture is of Toosh in the middle of the morning. She decided she was just going to rest instead of doing anything else. #Jealous
1. Read this book.
I have heard wonderful things about this book….now I just need to not have an eye twitch and be able to focus on something other than the logistics of everyone’s day.
2. Run the NYC marathon in my desired goal time, while having fun and enjoying my surroundings.
Yesterday, I ran an 18 mile race in Central Park. I felt ok considering that my legs were sore from a workout class that I took on Friday….so every single step hurt. But I pushed through, and I did it. So I am proud. Also, I am starting a new fashion trend of off the shoulder running tops. And yes, I am really good at selfies.
3. Host a nachos party where all we do is eat nachos and compare recipes.
Q: What do you call cheese that is not yours? (A: NACHO cheese)
4. Explore Storm King.
This has been on my Fall To Do List for the past 5 years. I have yet to go. I haven’t even really tried that hard to go — and that is bad, because supposedly it is unbelievable. MUST GO 2016 Fall.
5. Eat at all the new Poke restaurants around town.
Poke. Already a big hit on the west coast, it (poke phenomenon) recently hit the East Coast, and I am dying to go.
6. Survive our renovation with a positive attitude and outlook.
7. Find the perfect velvet stacked heel boot that doesn’t cost an arm and a leg.
#1 on my wish list for Fall.
8. Go to the farmers market every week.
9. Purge and sell more of my clothing.
One person’s garbage is another person’s treasure.
10. Visit the new Whitney museum and eat brunch at Untitled.
This past weekend, we walked the High Line and it was so beautiful and scenic. I can’t wait to walk it again (sans kids) and end up at The Whitney to see the museum and art. And of course, eat at Untitled — my favorite old Brunch spot on the UES when it was located in the 70s several years ago.
11. Go see Aladdin on Broadway
Last year, Cruzzie and I went along with his best friend to Lion King. It was truly magical witnessing *HIM* seeing the musical in his eyes. Now, I want to take the kids to Aladdin. It’s a Whole New World.
12. Discover a place that I can buy locally sourced grass fed meat, and good quality eggs. Farms > Fresh Direct
Maybe I would eat more meat if I knew that it was fresh, organic, and high quality.
A good article about how September is the worst. I bet with my memory issues right now, I left off 25 other activities and goals I want to accomplish this Fall….that said, hope I can cross off some of these! Hope you have a great week.