This salmon entree is a crowd pleaser and easy to make. No matter what you do, you really can’t mess it up (unless you really overcook the salmon.) It works well for a couple, a family, or a big group. I even made it for a birthday party with 15 people once (I called all the good grocery stores in town, shopping for the cheapest salmon. No surprise, I found it at Fairway). The simple steps are below:
Ingredients (serves 3 to 4):
* 1 1/2 pounds of salmon
* 1 tablespoon of wasabi paste
* 1 tablespoon of mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons of soy sauce
* Spread the wasabi paste over the salmon
* Use a spoon to massage the soy sauce into the salmon
* Coat the salmon in the mayonnaise. The mayo helps lock in all of the wasabi and soy sauce flavor.
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Cook for 20-25 minutes for a true medium rare (depending on the thickness of the filet).
Hope you have a wonderful weekend. We are off to Maine for the wedding of one of my besties. 5 1/2 hour drive each way with the two kiddos. Serenity now! Have a great weekend!