Ladies, a little warning that this recipe is UNHEALTHY and SINFUL. It is a far cry from my healthy concoctions that I normally throw together as these cookies use a tremendous amount of butter, sugar, and chocolate. But life is too short. So let’s celebrate and eat some damn COOKIES!
This recipe comes from my best friend from Eugene, Miss Julie. Julie is one of those cooks that can make anything taste delicious. Her cookies are famous (especially in my family) in Eugene. They are the perfect treat to bring to a neighbor, a birthday party, work event, or an after school/work treat for family members. THESE ARE FLIPPING DELICIOUS and no one will ever turn them down.
* 1 cup butter
* ½ cup brown sugar
* 1 egg
* ¼ cup water
* 1 tsp vanilla
* 1 box cake mix, divided
* 2 cups oatmeal
* 1 cup (or more) chocolate chips
* Preheat oven to 375 degrees
* Cream butter and sugar
* Add egg, water, vanilla and ½ of the cake mix. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth
* Stir in remainder of cake mix, oatmeal, and chocolate chips
* Place tablespoon-sized balls of dough 2” apart on cookie sheet
* Bake about 8-10 minutes until just done. Don’t overbake. Once again, do not overbake. I know that 8 minutes seems like a short time, but I cannot stress this enough. 8 minutes is the perfect amount of time to make these cookies soft, chewy and scrumptious. They may not look quite done, but they will finish baking on the cookie sheet.
* Cool for at least 5-10 minutes and transfer to wire rack.
* They are definitely best eaten the same day as they do not keep well. The dough keeps in the fridge for a couple of days or freezer so you always have dessert on hand. Perfect for hoarders like me. Half of this batch was placed into tupperware and into the fridge for a later day.
* You can use any flavor of cake mix, though obviously chocolate (milk, German, etc.) is best.
* For those who want to make this somewhat healthy, you can also add grated carrot, coconut, a small amount of pineapple, wheat germ and/or ground flax. Doing so, would have been much more my style, but I thought GO BIG OR GO HOME.
* You can replace part of the oatmeal with any crunchy cereal (Raisin Bran, Rice Krispies, granola, etc). Nothing better sounding than Raisin Bran in chocolate cake mix cookies.
Have a great weekend! Make these cookies for your weekend BBQ, just DO IT.
these look sinful. your son is adorable.
Thanks! These are sinful — but amazing.
A – These sound great! Just “Pinned” the receipe! Thanks!
Great — thank you!
Yay, I love Cruzzie’s sweet expression!
Your cookies are a hit, Jules!!! Anymore recipes to share with us all?
Love this recipe. Julie is a cookie genius…didn’t this win the cookie category at the bakeoff?
YEP — these one the cookie category. Can we have another bakeoff? ASAP!
I think Cruzzie looks fabulous with his haircut. Yeah for the 80’s and for his new look, Maxine
He is getting a real haircut tomorrow….
These sound great. Will make them this weekend. Is there any way of making this printable tho? I know the pictures def help with the making but aren’t really necessary and make it too much to print!!
Let me look into this and get back to you! I can always send you the recipe as a word document? Let me know and I can email you. Thanks!
Here it is: https://josiegirlblog.com/cake-mix-cookies/
would love this as a word document. Thanks sounds wonderful
By request, here is a link to a page with the recipe with no pictures/comments.
Every occasion has a cake to celebrate its festivity. Gourmet cakes come in a number of varieties and a large variety of usable ingredients. Gourmet cakes usually compliment special occasions like weddings, farewells, anniversaries, ceremonies, birthdays, etc. This is not the only use a cake can be put to. Cakes can be served with everyday meals as tasty deserts. But cake making is not an easy thing. People are always puzzled on how to make a cake that looks perfect and tastes great whether it’s have had as an everyday desert or gourmet cake. If you are still wondering on how to make a cake, simply take our experienced suggestion. Different recipe of cake are available online on different food related websites or blogs for free. You can also take advice on how to make a cake from an experienced source like your mother or grandmother or whosoever has been an expert in recipe of cake.’
Most up to date posting provided by our new website