I am the world’s best (or is it worst?) picker. I love having nibbles and bites and picks of everything and anything. Mind you, it drives my family absolutely bonkers, but I can’t help myself. I just love sampling a little of everything here and there. So when I came across this recipe for bite size healthy alternative cookies, I was thrilled. And Cruzzie loves them too (he is also a picker and nibbler). It is the perfect snack to grab and have in each hand as I leave the house. A little perfect portable pick-me-up. Also — you can add whatever you want to make them more special and sweet. Isn’t it fun to change things up here and there? Peanut butter vs almond butter? M&M’s or chocolate covered raisins? Bare naked? No matter what you decide to throw into these cookies, they end up delicious.
* 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup unsweetened finely shredded coconut
* 1/4 cup of any kind of nut butter
* 1/4 cup agave nectar
* 1/4 cup almond flour
* 1 tsp cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
* pinch of good quality salt
* any kind of chocolate touch you want to add. Chocolate chips, truffles, anything that you want to spruce up these little nibbles!
* Combine all ingredients, form into small balls, and place on a pan lined with parchment paper.
* Bake at 350 degrees for 12 minutes
* OOHHHH and AAHHHH at how tasty these little balls of fun are.
Hope everyone has a great weekend! And don’t forget, there’s still time to enter the Josie Bra/Tonique DVD giveaway.