Figs are in season right now, and if you are like me, there are loads of them in your fridge at all times. They are a great addition to any salad (even just lettuce, figs, walnuts/almonds, and blue/goat cheese = perfection), and also make a great side dish to any meal. Figs are naturally rich and sweet, while prosciutto provides a salty complementary punch. Together, they create a mouth watering bite.
* Olive Oil
* Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
* Wash the figs and slice them into halves
* Wrap the figs with prosciutto — depending on how much meat you want, you can do a half or full slice of prosciutto.
* Drizzle some olive oil on top of the wrapped figs.
* Roast in oven for 15 minutes.
* Take out AND DEVOUR
* We ate them for dinner with a simple green salad, a fava bean salad, and a quinoa salad. Made a perfect little addition of salty protein to an otherwise vegetarian dinner.
* I have also made this with dates and bacon — very similar, but different ingredients. Both are great apps for a party.
* My mother made these with whole figs instead of halves, and they were also a success. Bottom line is that regardless of how you make them, if you have these two ingredients, they will be delicious.
Hope you have a great weekend! And enjoy the start of the Olympics! I know I will!Print This Post