I made this recipe, Caesar Bean Dish, from Smitten Kitchen (my favorite cookbook ever) recently and it is TO DIE FOR. I highly highly recommend it — even if you don’t love beans, you will love this dish. It is so good, that even though I just finished eating it, I want to make it again because it is that good.
* 1/2 cup panko crumbs
* 2 garlic cloves
* 3 anchovy fillets
* 1 tablespoon drained capers
* grated zest and juice of lemon
* 1 can of 15.5 ounce white beans, drained and rinsed
* 1/4 teaspoon dijon mustard
* 1 tablespoon parmesan
* 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley
* In a skillet, warm 2 tablespoons of olive oil and add breadcrumbs. Season with salt and cook, until golden brown. Set aside in a bowl.
* On a cutting board, mince together the garlic, anchovies, and capers.
* Heat another 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a skillet, and add the caper-anchovy mixture along with hot pepper flakes (if you want and zest.
* Add the beans, and cook until they are warmed through.
* Stir in the dijon mustard.
* Transfer bean to a bowl and finish with crumbs, Parmesan, and parsley.
Seriously, one of the best dishes I have eaten recently and highly recommend. Happy week!