I am currently tapering (Chicago marathon is this Sunday!) and so I am not doing my normal workouts which means I have even MORE time on my hands…..so baking healthy concoctions it is! Healthy and delicious energy balls!
* 1/2 cup of almond butter
* 3 tablespoons of honey (or 4 dates, which is what I chose to do)
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
* 1/3 cup ground flaxseed meal
* 1/4 cup rolled oats
* 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
* 1/4 cup finely chopped nut (pecan, almond, hazelnut, whatever!)
* Ground the dates and nuts together
* then combine with everything!
* roll together into balls, dipping them in to coconut
* place on parchment paper and store in fridge!