For the past couple of months, I have been more into *real* desserts than *healthy* desserts. But now that it is the start of a new, clean, fresh year, I am back to loving / craving / wanting / needing healthy desserts. And this dessert is the perfect one — incredibly healthy, no refined sugar, no wheat, real ingredients, easy to make, and super delicious. WIN WIN WIN — almost like digging into an overflowing ice cream hot fudge sundae. This recipe is from 101 Cookbooks, one of my all-time favorite food blogs. Check it out! And make these cookies! They are part banana bread — part oatmeal — part macaroon. All in one deliciousness!
* 3 large ripe bananas, mashed
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/4 cup coconut oil (make sure it is not solid)
* 2 cups rolled oats
* 2/3 cup almond meal
* 1/3 cup coconut, finely shredded & unsweetened
* 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
* 1/2 teaspoon fine grain sea salt
* 1 teaspoon baking powder
* 1 chocolate bar chopped
* Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
* In a bowl combine the bananas, vanilla extract, and coconut oil.
* In another bowl whisk together the oats, almond meal, shredded coconut, cinnamon, salt, and baking powder.
* Then, add the dry ingredients with the wet ingredients and stir until combined.
* Add in the chocolate chunks/chips.
* Make little bite size balls of the dough, placing them onto parchment paper on the baking sheet.
* Bake for 15 minutes or so, until brown.
Enjoy! Hope you have a great and healthy weekend. And yes, I am eating these for breakfast, snack, and dessert. TOO good not to, and healthy, too!
This is great — please post more healthy desserts!! 🙂
Cruzzie’s expression says it all… Love,
Omgosh that face is die for…those cookies look delicious as well!