THIS IS SO GOOD OMG SO GOOD OMG YOU HAVE TO MAKE IT NOW! Do you hear my enthusiasm? Yeppers — so good that you will HAVE A NEW LOVE IN YOUR LIFE! BROCCOLI ! So awesome. This recipe is from The Smitten Kitchen Cookbook (buy it NOW. Make this broccoli dish first, and then BUY THIS BOOK!)
* 2 heads broccoli
* 1/2 cup of toasted sliced almonds
* 1/2 cup dried cranberries, chopped
* 1/2 cup buttermilk
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
* 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 red onion, diced
* Trim the stems of the broccoli, but use a lot of them, cutting them into chunks. Cut the florets into vertical slices (easiest to start from the stem and go up to the top).
* Toast the almonds and chop the cranberries.
* In a bowl, add together the broccoli, cranberries and almonds.
* In a small bowl, whisk the buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, sugar, and salt until smooth.
* Then, add the diced onion into the dressing and let it sit in the dressing for 10 minutes.
* Pour the dressing over the broccoli mixture, add pepper. Stir, and eat.
* The salad lasts in the fridge up to 3 days.
Have a great weekend! We are in DISNEYWORLD. Stay tuned for a post on our family adventures!