This coleslaw is a great side dish for a summer evening. Crisp, crunchy, light, and tart. And best part: NO MAYONNAISE!
* Head of cabbage
* 5 sprigs of parsley
* 1 green onion
* 1 red or white onion
* juice from a lemon
* juice from a lime
* 3 tablespoons of olive oil
* Take off the outer leaves of the head of cabbage, then quarter the cabbage (easier to cut into thin slices after this first step).
* Chop the cabbage.
* In a large mixing bowl, place the chopped cabbage aside.
* Chop the parsley, green onion, and white/red onion. Add to the big bowl of cabbage.
* For the dressing, take the juice from the lemon and lime, olive oil, salt, and whisk together.
* Pour the dressing atop of the greens, and let sit for the cabbage to soak in the juice. Serve!
Enjoy! So easy and so cool and crisp! Have a great weeeknd.