Although many people are haters (randomly, including my father), I actually love Gwyneth Paltrow. She is honest, open, beautiful, stylish, and resourceful. I am a big fan of her, her website, and her cookbooks.
GREEN GODDESS DRESSING
Green Goddess dressing is the perfect creamy, rich topper to any salad. It is also a perfect dip for crudites or spread on a sandwich (instead of mayo or mustard). Plus, it has a beautiful, rich green color that makes you know it is healthy and full of nutrients.
* 10 large basil leaves
* 3 tablespoons chopped chives
* 2 tablespoons cilantro
* 1/4 cup Italian parsley
* leaves from 1 sprig of tarragon
* 2 scallions, white and light green parts only
* 1/2 ripe avocado
* 1/4 cup Vengenaise or Mayonnaise
* 2 tablespoons honey
* 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
* Juice of 1 lemon
* 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
* 1/4 cup water
* 1/2 teaspoon coarse sea salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
*Chop all the ingredients
* COMBINE AND WHIIIIIZZZZZ till blended
* Keeps well in fridge for up to a week!
COLD AVOCADO AND CUCUMBER SOUP
I love soups year round as they are a good starter, main course, or even afternoon snack. And this one is no exception. Because of the avocados, it is creamy and thick without having any dairy in it. The cucumbers make the taste mild and smooth. Easy, breezy, tasty.
* juice of 3 limes
* 2 large peeled, seeded, chopped cuccumbers
* 2 avocados (also peeled and seeded and chopped)
* 1 teaspoon sea salt
* Combine in blender, place in fridge to get cold, and serve!
Yes, yes, yes, they both look the same….but they are both delicious! So make them both.