Here is a simple, fresh, and delicious vegetarian dish. One of my go-to mid-week meals that is filling, satisfying, and easy to make. Enjoy!
* 1 pound firm tofu
* 1 pound broccoli (including stems)
* 2 cups chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 chopped scallions (green and white part)
* 3/4 cup peanut (or almond butter)
* 3/4 cup hot water
* 6 tablespoon rice or cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoon soy sauce
* cayenne to taste
* Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and place them in a pot. Cover the tofu with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about ten minutes. Drain and set aside (this helps the tofu keep its shape)
* Cut the broccoli, shaving the tough parts of the stems off, but using most of the broccoli.
* Heat the oil in a skillet. After a minute, add the oil and onion. Cook for two minutes over high heat.