Here is a simple, fresh, and delicious vegetarian dish. One of my go-to mid-week meals that is filling, satisfying, and easy to make. Enjoy!
* 1 pound firm tofu
* 1 pound broccoli (including stems)
* 2 cups chopped onion
* 1 tablespoon canola oil
* 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
* 3/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 chopped scallions (green and white part)
* 3/4 cup peanut (or almond butter)
* 3/4 cup hot water
* 6 tablespoon rice or cider vinegar
* 3 tablespoon soy sauce
* cayenne to taste
* Cut the tofu into 1 inch cubes and place them in a pot. Cover the tofu with water. Bring to a boil and simmer for about ten minutes. Drain and set aside (this helps the tofu keep its shape)
* Cut the broccoli, shaving the tough parts of the stems off, but using most of the broccoli.
* Heat the oil in a skillet. After a minute, add the oil and onion. Cook for two minutes over high heat.
* Add broccoli, ginger, and salt. Continue to stir-fry over high heat for about 5 minutes or until the broccoli is bright green and tender.
* Make the sauce by placing the peanut butter with the hot water in a small bowl, and mixing it until the texture is uniform. Whisk in the vinegar, soy sauce, and cayenne pepper. When all together, stir in the sauce with the broccoli until everything is well coated.
* Serve over rice, quinoa, millet, or any grain! DELICIOUS!
This meal is perfect for any season, and good for leftovers the next day! Enjoy, and have a great weekend.