Channeling Gwyneth today. After reading her GOOP website, I decided to cook up some lentil meatballs that she featured. AND HOLY SHMOLY, they are beyond delicious. BEYOND. So flipping delicious and tasty, that I could (and did), eat them several days in a row.
* 2 cups green lentils
* 1 small chopped onion
* 2 eggs
* 1 cup of panko or breadcrumbs (sorry gluten-free people, it’s a must)
* 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
* 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
* 3 tablespoons tomato paste
* 1 pinch of dried thyme and dried rosemary
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
* Cook the lentils (1 cup of dried lentils to 3 cups of water). Boil the water, put in the lentils, let them cook, lower the temperature, and let them sit for 30 minutes.
* Meanwhile, sautee the onion in a pan with olive oil until translucent. Add the dried herbs and a pinch of salt and pepper, sautéeing for about another minute or two until soft and fragrant. Turn off heat and set aside to cool.