Just like last week, I have copied yet another soup recipe from GOOP. Too good not to, so I did it again. Imitation is flattery. #CopyCat #SorryImNotSorry
* 2 tablespoons coconut oil (or olive)
* 1 medium yellow onion, sliced
* 2 medium garlic cloves, sliced
* 1 inch piece ginger peeled and minced
* 1 small handful cilantro (about 2 tablespoons)
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* ½ teaspoon curry powder
* ½ teaspoon ground coriander
* 1 cup red lentils, rinsed
* 4 cups water
* juice of 1 lime
* Heat coconut oil in saucepan over medium heat, then add onion and a pinch of salt. Sauté for 10 minutes, or until the onion is translucent and just starting to brown. Add garlic, ginger, cilantro stems and spices and sauté another 2 minutes, until fragrant.
* Add the rinsed lentils and the water. Bring to a boil, then reduce to a simmer and cook wit the lid on for about 20 minutes, or until the lentils are tender. Be sure to stir frequently, as red lentils tend to stick to the pot.
* When the lentils are cooked, blend the soup, add the lime juice and check the seasoning. This makes a fairly thick soup, so feel free to thin it with water.
SO GOOD! Tell me what you think! Have a great weekend! MLK weekend, hooray!