Chocolate Rolo Cookies, i.e. Caramel Filled Chocolate Cookies are AN AMAZING AND INDULGENT SNACK! MAKE THESE FOR VALENTINE’S DAY and you will be sure to get some action. Just joking.
* In a bowl, place the flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Set aside.
* Beat butter and sugar until fluffy (you need arm muscles for this one).
* Add the eggs and vanilla, and beat, rotating hands as they tire out.
* Slowly blend in the flour mixture.
* Chill overnight!!! This is a must! So make these a day ahead! (Welcome to my fridge)
* Early the next day, set up 4 stations: dough, bowl of sugar, rolos, and pan.
* Apply some flour to your hands. To form the cookie, shape dough around 1 caramel, covering it completely.
* In a small bowl, press each ball of dough into the sugar mixture.
* On an ungreased cookie sheet, place the cookies and bake at 375 degrees for 10 mins until slightly “cracked”
* After the ten minutes are up, take out of oven and let cool for 2 minutes before removing from cookie sheet.
THESE ARE SO YUMMY THAT EVERYONE WILL WANT TO BE YOUR FRIEND!
Have a great weekend everyone! And don’t forget to make these for a loved one!