My favorite chocolate bar is the Cadbury Fruit and Nut Chocolate bar. It reminds me of childhood trips to Europe. So this past week, I was craving a fruit and nut chocolate bar, but didn’t know where to get one. So instead, I made little chocolate buttons with fruit and nuts in them. While you can’t go wrong with your fruit/nut choices, I used cranberries, raisins, almonds, and hazelnuts.
* A bag of chocolate chips
* chopped up fruits and nuts (raisins, cranberries, apricots, cherries, hazelnuts, almonds, peanuts, pistachios, etc…)
* Using a double boiler (or a pot on top of a pot with boiling water), melt the chocolate.
* With a wax lined tray, use your spoon to create little discs / buttons of the melted chocolate.
* Then, sprinkle all the toppings on to the chocolate buttons.
* Freeze them for 10 minutes so they set! And then they are ready to eat. Store in the fridge.
I now want to buy apricots and more obscure dried fruit so I can make more of these cute little buttons.