As you may or may not know by now, I love kale! So delicious, fresh, raw, healthy, sturdy, rough, and yummy-in-my-tummy. So no surprise, we always have kale in our fridge, just to keep on hand as a last minute addition. One of my favorite recipes is a simple raw kale salad that is made with ingredients that are always on stock in our household. Super easy, fresh, and nutritious! A tasty lunch or side at dinner.
* 1 bunch kale stemmed and finely chopped
* 2 cups grated carrots
* 1 peeled and pitted avocado
* 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
* 2 tablespoons lemon or lime juice
* A large helping of sesame seeds
* 1/2 teaspoon reduced sodium soy sauce
* Toss all ingredients together in a large bowl.
* Use your hands or the back of a large spoon to thoroughly mash avocado into kale. Basically — you mush and massage the avocado into all the ingredients — kind of like how you wash your hair. You want to get the avocado pureed into everything.
* Set aside at room temperature for 30 minutes before serving to allow kale to soften. TADA! MAGIC RAW KALE SALAD THAT TASTES ABSOLUTELY DIVINE!
Hope everyone has a great weekend! I can’t believe it is already February….whoa.
Anika Yael Natori, aka The Josie Girl.