Back to the routine and life in the city…also back to the kitchen and looking for yummy and healthy recipes to cook. I came across this Red Cabbage salad from my favorite salad cookbook, Leon Happy Salads . It did in fact make me happy — super delicious.
* 4 strips of cooked bacon, cut into pieces (although if you don’t want bacon in your salad, it’s easy to leave out)
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* 2 red onions, sliced
* 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
* 2 teaspoons soft brown sugar
* 1/2 red cabbage, shredded
* 2 apples, cored and diced
* 1/2 cup of toasted and crushed hazelnuts
* 2 tablespoons chopped flat leaf parsley
* crumbled goat’s cheese
* salt and pepper, to taste
*In a large pan, place the oil, vinegar, brown sugar, and salt. Add the onions to the liquid and let them soften. After, add the cabbage and cook, stirring for about 10 mnutes.
* Then, remove from pan, and in bowl add everything else (apples, hazelnuts, parsley, goat cheese). AND VOILA! Easy and so good — room temperature, warm or cold!
Happy weekend! Enjoy!