For Cruzzie’s birthday last week, a friend gifted him this box set of cookbooks (Cooking and Baking Class Box Set ) and we have had so much fun exploring kid friendly recipes!
The first recipe Cruzzie chose was a simple, 5 minute recipe: Cocoa Cake in a Cup! It was a HUGE success. I personally can’t wait to explore various ways to make this recipe healthier…but in the meantime, here is the recipe for the kids!
* 1 egg
* 1 tablespoon of melted butter
* 3 tablespoons of unsweetened cacoa / cocoa powder
* 1/4 cup of sugar
* Then, whisk together the egg and butter.
* Add the sugar and the cocoa powder and mix all together.
* Then, put in a microwave for 2-3 minutes (until toothpick comes out clean). AND VOILA, chocolate cake in minutes! I wanted to add vanilla ice cream and have it a la mode….so good, and so super easy! PLUS, it keeps the kids occupied for a whopping 5 minutes but they are proud of the final product.
Do you have fun recipes that the kids enjoy cooking /baking with you? Please share!