My new favorite ingredient to add to salads / bowls / anything / everything ….pickled onions! They are sweet, tangy, and not too pungent. And super easy to make!
* 2 red onions, thinly sliced
* 1 cup of apple cider vinegar
* 4 tablespoons of honey
* 2 teaspoons of salt
* a jar with a lid
* Combine the vinegar, honey and salt in jar and shake
* Add the onion and make sure it is fully submerged in the liquid
* Let the onion sit in the jar for up to an hour. Once done, you can store in the fridge for several weeks and add the onion to all!
I am definitely going to make this again as it was a game changer for an extra oomph to any dish!