One of my biffles is an amazing cook — even though she claims she hates cooking. She can easily throw together a five course meal for her family where *everything* tastes divine. Although she likes to experiment and try new recipes, she also has a set of ‘go-to’ recipes that she makes throughout the week. This is her go-to-kale salad. It is so good that this past week, I made it THREE times. So easy, and so delicious!
* 2 heads of kale, cut in ribbons
* 3 tablespoons (I added more, because well, why not) shredded pecorino cheese
* Crushed croutons
* 6 tablespoons olive oil
* 3 tablespoons of Meyer lemon juice
* 3 cloves of pressed garlic
* 1/2 teaspoon of kosher salt
* 1/2 teaspoon of crushed red pepper flakes
* Cut the kale
* Put the cheese and crushed croutons on top of the ribbon kale
* everything else is the dressing
* Mix dressing together with kale, and let it sit to soften the kale.
* Devour! SO SO SO GOOD!
I love eating this kale salad for breakfast, lunch, dinner and dessert. It is now my go-to-kale-salad, too!