If you want a rich, decadent, chocolatey, vegan dessert*, then THIS IS IT. Vegan Peanut Butter Cups.
* 1/2 cup of peanut butter
* 2 Tbsp. Coconut Flour
* 1 Tbsp. Maple Syrup
* 8 oz. Bittersweet Chocolate* (needs to be vegan chocolate for the dessert to be vegan. Fine if not.)
* 1 Tbsp. Coconut Oil
* Mix the peanut butter, coconut flour, and maple syrup all together
* In a double boiler, melt the coconut oil and chocolate (8 ounces is almost 3 full chocolate bars).
* Place half the chocolate in greased muffin tins (or molds, if you are a fancy chef).
* Put in freezer for 10 minutes or so, so that the chocolate hardens.
* Place the peanut butter mixture on top of the frozen chocolate layer. Don’t add too much (like I did). Rather, a small dollup in the center of the chocolate tin.
* Then, add the remaining chocolate on top of the peanut butter.
* Place back in freezer to harden for the last time.
* Take out of freezer, and using knife, take out of the tins.
Ken and I like to split them for dessert — they are messy, they are rich, but they are also OH SO GOOD. So make ’em. Hope you have a great weekend! Happy March!