Mexican + Salad = Perfection. This is a must-make salad for the end of summer, beginning of fall, or quite frankly *anytime* of year. It is one of the dozens of delicious recipes in ‘Fried Chicken & Champagne‘ (highly recommend this cookbook!).
* 2 cups diced, peeled jicama
* 2 cups diced, unpeeled Gala apple
* 2 cups raw corn (cut off of the cob)
* 2 cups diced, unpeeled English cucumber
Directions for salad:
* Once all the ingredients are diced, mix together
* Add chili lime vinaigrette (recipe below!)
Ingredients of dressing:
* 2 jalapeno peppers
* 1 tablespoon chopped ginger
* 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
* 2 tablespoons sugar
* 4 tablespoons soy sauce
* 4 tablespoons lime juice
* 1.5 cups canola oil
* 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
* salt and pepper to taste
Directions for dressing:
* In a blender, combine the jalapenos, ginger, garlic, sugar, soy sauce, and lime juice. Puree until smooth.
* Slowly add the oil
* refrigerate until used
VOILA! Enjoy the rest of the week!
Love the kids cups. Not the pee.
Sorry. bad picture!
Soy Sauce in Mexican Food – THE BEST
HA Asian-Mexican blend. Always good.
amazing topping for tacos also maybe?
hmmmmmmm good idea.
looks soooooo good!