I don’t love celery. Actually, I dislike it. But for some reason, I love this celery salad. Weird because the salad is celery plus a little parsley and shallots. Call me crazy. But trust me, this salad is crunchy, refreshing, summery, and tasty.
* one bunch of celery, chopped
* one shallot, diced
* some parsley
* 1/4 cup of grated cheese (aged gouda)
* 1 tablespoon of sherry vinegar
* 1 tablespoon of olive oil
* salt and pepper to taste.
* chop the celery. THIS TAKES FOREVER.
* Chop / dice the shallot and the parsley.
* Grate the cheese. Much easier to do if you have a cheese grater (I couldn’t find mine…)
* Make the dressing — shallots, oil and vinegar (and sherry vinegar is not the same thing as sherry wine. Just saying. I ROCKED this recipe with no cheese grater, no parsley at first, and sherry wine instead of vinegar. Blonde moments).
Have a great weekend. Enjoy!