All of my favorite recipes are originally made by my favorite chef, my mama. My mother is hands down the most inventive, creative, and talented chef in the kitchen (among many other traits and accomplishments). And this green bean salad has been in her repertoire for years, and as a result has become one of my go-to-salads. It is fresh, easy, healthy, and good in any season. Enjoy!
* 1 or 2 pounds of green beans
* 1 onion
* 2 or 3 slices of bacon
* 2 big tomatoes or several cherry / grape tomatoes
* olive oil
* salt and pepper
* De-stem all of the green beans
* Dice the onions, chop the tomatoes
* Sautee the onions
* Cut the bacon into pieces and fry it up!
* Blanch the green beans, making them as mushy or as crunchy as you prefer.
* Put all ingredients together in bowl, mixing them around.
* Make dressing
* This salad tastes good immediately when cooked, or even for leftovers. The dressing soaks in more with time, and adds a richness and intensity to the salad.
YUMMMMM. I can’t wait to eat this salad! And I can’t wait to be back in Oregon this summer to eat my mother’s cooking for every meal, for every day, for the whole summer! Win win win! Have a great weekend.
It has bacon in it…I’m sold! Looks amazing.