The New Year is an opportunity to listen to your body and eat according to your dosha , your imbalances, the season, and the Ayurvedic composition . Currently in Vata season  (and being a true Vata person ), warm , homey, sturdy foods such as pumpkin and sweet potato provide balance and nourishment. So when I came across these  pumpkin vegan cookies, I couldn’t wait to give them a shot.
* 3/4 cup whole wheat flour
* 1/2 cup rolled oats
* 1/4 cup sugar
* 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
* 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
* 1/4 tsp. ground ginger
* 1/4 cup maple syrup
* 1/2 cup canned pumpkin puree (not pumpkin pie filling)
* 1 tsp. vanilla extract
* 1 1/2 Tbsp. canola oil
* 1/4 cup chocolate chips
* While the oven is preheating at 350ºF, combine flour, oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, and spices. Mix until well combined and set aside.
* In a separate bowl, combine maple syrup, pumpkin, and vanilla, then stir in oil to incorporate.
* Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients, mixing until just combined. Do not overmix. Then stir in the chocolate chips (the heart and soul of any cookie).
* On a baking sheet lined with parchment paper, shape cookies of any size. (tiny ones = lots of love)
* Bake 10-12 minutes. And then, eat your heart out!
So delicious, so good for you, and perfect for this time of year. Enjoy! Have a great weekend!