One of my favorite pastimes is scouring the grocery store and finding new items to eat. I love food, and I love trying new things! So here is what I am currently loving in the kitchen (and in my belly!)
Since I love granola, quinoa, and making granola, I thought trying out a recipe for quinoa granola would be a no-brainer. If you have been out of the health loop in the past several years, quinoa is considered to be a super food and one of the most healthy ingredients out there. It is protein packed, full of fiber, rich in magnesium, high in iron, and is overall magical. I first read a recipe for quinoa granola in Gwyneth Paltrow’s cookbook, but it took me months to find “quinoa flakes.” Once I found them, I was ready to go. And let me tell you…. quinoa granola is heavenly, light, sweet, crunchy and perfection.
* 1/2 cup of Extra Virgin Olive Oil
* 1/2 cup of maple syrup
* 3 cups of quinoa flakes
* 1 cup of shredded coconut
* 1/2 cup of sliced almonds
* sea salt
* 1/2 cup of chopped dates
* Preheat oven to 400 degrees
* In a bowl, whisk together the olive oil and the maple syrup.
* Then, add the quinoa flakes and mix, followed by the coconut and almonds.
* On a parchment paper lined pan, spread the mixture out evenly. Place in the oven for 20-25 minutes, stirring occasionally and checking to make sure it is not burned.