As discussed last week, one of my favorite new cookbooks is The Wellness Mama Cookbook. This week, I took on my first recipe: “Angel-ed Eggs” — avocado deviled eggs. Although I love deviled eggs, I have actually never made them myself…so I loved this take on deviled eggs with a healthy angle of avocado in them (good fat). They were super easy to make and uber delicious:
And who doesn’t love green?
Call me crazy, but I have been craving egg salad recently. I know — bizarre! (Especially since I am not pregnant… I mean, I better not be pregnant). I found this delicious recipe from 101 cookbooks (and slightly altered it). Trust me though; it is creamy, healthy, and ever so tasty.
* 6 eggs
* 1/2 bunch of chives (scallions will do if you can’t find chives)
* 3 stalks of celery
* 2 tablespoons of greek yogurt
* 1/2 tablespoon of dijon mustard
* salt and pepper, to taste
* Boil 6 eggs. Now, HOW to boil eggs is key. And apparently I have been boiling eggs the WRONG way for my entire life. And I had no idea that I was doing it wrong. Until now. BIG MISTAKE. First, put the eggs in a pot of cold water until the water boils.
Nothing better than watching the water boil for the eggs.
* Once the water starts to boil, take the pot off the burner and let it sit for 7 full minutes.
* During the waiting time, chop the celery and chives.
Chop chop chop