As discussed last week, one of my favorite new cookbooks is The Wellness Mama Cookbook. This week, I took on my first recipe: “Angel-ed Eggs” — avocado deviled eggs. Although I love deviled eggs, I have actually never made them myself…so I loved this take on deviled eggs with a healthy angle of avocado in them (good fat). They were super easy to make and uber delicious:
* 12 eggs
* 1 ripe avocado
* 1/2 cup mayo
* zest and juice of 1 lemon
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 1/2 teaspoon pepper
* red pepper flakes
* Make hard boiled eggs (which sounds easier than it actually is. I had to look at how to do this. Basically, get the water to a boil, and then place the eggs in and time it for 10 minutes and keep the water boiling. After timer goes off, cool the eggs off in cold water and wait until cool.)
* Once eggs are cool, slice horizontally and take out the yolks. Place the yolks in a blender and blend.
* Then, add the avocado, zest, juice, salt, and pepper, and blend all together.
* Scoop the inside and place it in the hole of the egg (common sense). Sprinkle red peppers flakes, and EAT!
I can’t wait to make other recipes from The Wellness Mama Cookbook! Hip hip hooray!